Host of 'Dick Stacey's Country Jamboree' passed away | News
CHERRYFIELD, Maine (NEWS CENTER)--Many Mainers who are old enough will remember that before there was Ryan Seacrest, or even Dick Clark, there was Charlie Tenan.
We are sad to report that the host of 'Dick Stacey's Country Jamboree' passed away Thursday afternoon, according to family members. The show was a down home, downeast version of American Idol. Tenan was the host and emcee for the country jamboree and its predecessor show 'Frankenstein'. Those who knew him best say Charlie was friends with everyone. He served as town selectmen in Cherryfield for 30 years. Tenen was 81 years old.
Upcoming Events near Downeast
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Washington county leaders looking into events surrounding leak of social security data
- Belfast among Maine cities with rooted history on Patriots Day
- Finding the Perfect Tail and Avoiding Shrinkage Helping Lobstermen Through Bawdy Humor
- Former Bar Harbor Police Chief files suit against town
- Danforth couple charged with trafficking meth appear in court