Deer Isle man charged in Bangor stabbing | News
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - Bangor, Maine, police say a 24-year-old Deer Isle man has been charged in the stabbing of another man outside a club in the city.
The victim of Wednesday's stabbing, a 26-year-old man from Newburgh, was treated by paramedics for cuts to his arm and upper torso and refused to be transported to a hospital.
Police say the stabbing took place in a parking lot, and they later arrested 24-year-old Walker Gaspar.
Police were told that Gaspar was asked to leave the Harlow Street club for being disorderly and trying to start a fight with another patron. The patron said that when he walked outside he was attacked by Gaspar.
Gaspar is charged with aggravated assault, reckless conduct and is in Penobscot County Jail.
Top Downeast Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Orrington to Celebrate Old Home Week July 13-21
- Charlotte White Center Holds Educational Conference on Aging, Dementia & Developmental Disabilities
- Students, teachers at Old Town High School mourn loss of Nichole Cable
- Murder arrest made in case of missing teen Nichole Cable
- Community reacts to finding body of Nichole Cable in Old Town
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region