Deer Isle man charged in Bangor stabbing | News
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - Bangor, Maine, police say a 24-year-old Deer Isle man has been charged in the stabbing of another man outside a club in the city.
The victim of Wednesday's stabbing, a 26-year-old man from Newburgh, was treated by paramedics for cuts to his arm and upper torso and refused to be transported to a hospital.
Police say the stabbing took place in a parking lot, and they later arrested 24-year-old Walker Gaspar.
Police were told that Gaspar was asked to leave the Harlow Street club for being disorderly and trying to start a fight with another patron. The patron said that when he walked outside he was attacked by Gaspar.
Gaspar is charged with aggravated assault, reckless conduct and is in Penobscot County Jail.
Upcoming Events near Downeast
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Belfast among Maine cities with rooted history on Patriots Day
- Finding the Perfect Tail and Avoiding Shrinkage Helping Lobstermen Through Bawdy Humor
- Former Bar Harbor Police Chief files suit against town
- Danforth couple charged with trafficking meth appear in court
- Court rules on Acadia National Park's concessions contract