Deer Isle man charged in Bangor stabbing | News
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - Bangor, Maine, police say a 24-year-old Deer Isle man has been charged in the stabbing of another man outside a club in the city.
The victim of Wednesday's stabbing, a 26-year-old man from Newburgh, was treated by paramedics for cuts to his arm and upper torso and refused to be transported to a hospital.
Police say the stabbing took place in a parking lot, and they later arrested 24-year-old Walker Gaspar.
Police were told that Gaspar was asked to leave the Harlow Street club for being disorderly and trying to start a fight with another patron. The patron said that when he walked outside he was attacked by Gaspar.
Gaspar is charged with aggravated assault, reckless conduct and is in Penobscot County Jail.
Upcoming Events near Downeast
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New details show motive behind fatal shooting in Belfast
- Secret Santa pays off layaway bills for Renys shoppers
- Wreaths Across America begins trek to Arlington National Cemetery
- Wreaths Across America may have fewer wreaths for annual trek to Arlington
- Debate over plans to expand Machias courthouse continues