Cruise ships help Midcoast | News
ROCKLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Bar Harbor and Portland are the big ports for cruise ship season, but business leaders in Rockland and Camden say the Midcoast is also seeing some real benefits from cruise ships.
The cruise ship Regatta visiting Rockland Monday brought some 680 passengers for a day in the Midcoast. And the Chamber of commerce and local tour companies were ready and waiting.
This is the second visit by the Regatta. Last weekend saw the private cruise ship The World with 200 passengers. And American Cruse lines has been making weekly stops with fifty to a hundred passengers each time. Delivered practically to the front door of Main Street businesses.
What the chamber of commerce and many businesses hope is that those passengers will become return visitors.
Top Downeast Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One Leg Remaining in Pine Tree Hospice’s Triple Crown Golf Tournament
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school