Child continues to recover after fall at Fort Knox | News
PROSPECT, Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- We have learned that the seven year old boy who fell at Fort Knox yesterday is a student at GH Jewett School in Bucksport and was on a field trip.
The school superintendent declined to name the boy but said he is recovering after he fell 15 to 20 feet off of a wall.
Bucksport superintendent James Boothby said there were enough chaperones to watch students.
He also said school policy for any field trip is to send information home to the parents and they have to sign permission slips.
Fort Knox faxed us guidelines they have for groups when they are at the fort.
Fort Knox wants groups to have a student to chaperone ratio of 10 to one and that chaperones need to stay with their groups at all times.
Top Downeast Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One Leg Remaining in Pine Tree Hospice’s Triple Crown Golf Tournament
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school