What Women Need to Know About Gynecologic Cancers | Blogs
Thanks to the Pap test, cervical cancer is no longer the leading cause of cancer death for women in the United States. Since it was introduced in the 1940s, the number of cases is down 70 percent and deaths 90 percent. But the Pap test only screens for cancer of the cervix, not other gynecologic cancers, for which there aren't good screening tests. That's why it's vitally important for women to know possible warning signs. You know your body better than anyone and you know when something isn't right. Pay attention. Read more.
Upcoming Events near Downeast
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stonington Galleries and Studios will Hold its last First Friday Open Gallery Night for the Season
- Flash in the Pans and The Ark set to Celebrate
- Traditional Jazz & Vintage Pop: the New Traditional Jazz Band in Concert at the Stonington Opera Hou
- David Mamet's “The Duck Variations” at Stonington Opera House
- NAMI Maine Bringing a Free Training Opportunity to Blue Hill!