Fire leaves nine restaurant employees homeless | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Fire leaves nine restaurant employees homeless
News

BAR HARBOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) --Investigators say a malfunctioning electrical circuit is to blame for the fire that destroyed a three-story rooming house in Bar Harbor late last Tuesday night.  The State Fire Marshal's office says the cause of the fire is accidental. 

When firefighters got to the building at 9 Roberts Square, they say flames had spread througout the top floor and there was a man standing on a second floor porch.

They were able to get him down and he was treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation.

We're told the rooming house was for nine employees of Testa's restaurant.

Everyone else in the building got out safely on their own.

The Pine Tree Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the victims. 

News